Now that school has started back up (MY SENIOR YEAR & LAST SEMESTER) and free time is dwindling down, I am reminiscing on the days where I could go to the pool whenever I wanted! I love summer so much.
In memory of my favorite season… here’s my 10 favorite things about summer! In no particular order.
- Popsicles. and ice cream. and snow cones. And all of the other amazing frozen treats. I love a quick otter pop at the pool, or a stop at the snowie shack to cool off. On top of that, I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth… I’m sure one day that will come back to bite me in the butt, but for now I’m embracing it!
- Longer days. I love waking up when it’s already light outside. And I love staying out late and it’s still light! How depressing is it when you get out of work at 5 and it’s pitch black already?? That’s the worst.
- Tan skin. I don’t know about you, but I feel much more confident, beautiful, and skinny when my skin is tan. I love summer for that reason. I know there’s other ways to accomplish that look during the winter, but it is just so effortless in the summer. I love that.
- Pool. POOL. Nothing is better than going to the pool on a hot day. Unless you’re going to the beach. I guess that’s better… but that wasn’t possible where I lived over the summer, so the pool was the best thing!! Music, pool, games, swimwear, friends, summer.
- Bare feet. I am one of those humans that doesn’t wear shoes in the summer as much as possible! I enjoy walking around with bare feet! I love feeling the grass in-between my toes and the heat from the sidewalk (to a certain extent, of course).
- Summer nights. I love looking up at the sky, laying on a blanket, with bare feet, and no jacket. Outdoor movies, snuggles, night drives, it really doesn’t get any better.
- Free time. Everyone definitely has more free time in the summer. Even if you still work or go to school, the days are longer and so you have more time! And with free time comes fun activities. Carnivals, night games, amusement parks, baseball games, days at the park, am I annoying?
- Travel. Who doesn’t love exploring and learning about a new culture by immersing themselves in it??
- Sunshine. Vitamin D aka: happiness. But for real, it enhances your mood, relieves stress, and improves sleep! Look it up.
- BBQ. I love the smell of a good barbecue! Mmmmm. I love corn on the cob, and I love a good excuse to have a party!
So… I was being serious when I said these were in no particular order! I think it would be way too hard for me to choose.
Summer is the best.
Photo: Brittany <3
Also, pinterest has always been and will always be my obsession. Go follow me for some good stuff 🙂